Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

Birthday Cakes For Scouts Cuboree 2013

Tenderfoot Mom. The first time I heard that phrase, I was really clueless about what it meant. Later on, I discovered that "Tenderfoot" is used to describe first-timer cub scouts. Tenderfoot Mom sounded cute and I like it ^_^



Scouts Cuboree 2013 was a new experience for the whole family! Aloysius stayed at the Sarimbun campsite with his group in a tent for 2 nights, his first time away from home. For us, we were all excited before the camp, helping to organize, label and pack all his things.

Our Scout leader Carol heard that I bake cakes, she contacted me and asked if I could make 6 big cakes for the closing ceremony for the camp. The intention was to celebrate the November babies birthday and there were 80 of them (cubs, scouts, leaders, all inclusive).





I was honoured to be asked to bake for the Cuboree, and I was really excited. After confirming the design for the icing image, I sent it to be printed. Fortunately, my friend Paik Sim (of Bake Tales) helped me out by baking 3 of the cakes. For all six cakes, we both used American Buttercream as it wasn't possibly to have the cakes refrigerated. Paik Sim kindly sent all the cakes to the campsite on the very morning of the last day. 




I love piping and I piped some borders around the icing image, around the top of the cake and around the base. Base icing colour was light green while the icing for the borders were dark green; these 2 shades of green follows the scout uniform!


I have enjoyed being a Tenderfoot Mom in 2013. In 2014, I will be a Tenderfoot Mom again as my second son is joining scouts too. Guess what? I will be a Tenderfoot Mom again in 2015, when my third son joins scouts at Primary 1! Lucky me! *grins*



































No comments:

Post a Comment