Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ascensius' 4th Birthday - A Rainbow Connection

In Feb, we celebrated Ascensius' 4th birthday at home. It wasn't a milestone birthday, so it's just a small party at home with friends. No special theme and I was toying with the idea of making rainbow cupcakes, inspired by Martha Taylor's big round rainbow cakes.

I asked Ascensius and he said ok! To add a special touch, I bought a small race car candle holder with a tiny number 4 sticker on it. Fondant top was stamped with his name and a number 4 on top of the fondant star.



Unfortunately, I used the wrong setting on my oven and ended up baking each coloured layer for too long :(



The cupcakes turned out a little too hard, which was a shame. But overall they looked really bright and cheery!








No comments:

Post a Comment