Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Red Velvet - the new fad or new fab?

All of a sudden, Red Velvet is EVERYWHERE!

I see it on tv, in the newspapers and magazines, in cafes, in restaurants, and someone somewhere is always talking about it. I was really intrigued by a cake that is supposed to contain beet root juice!

After reading up, I realized that in modern times, the Red Velvet has evolved and no longer contains real beetroot juice but has a deep red hue due to the red colouring used.

Red Velvet cakes and cupcakes are served with cream cheese frosting. Sounds really yummy to me!

I first tried Red Velvet at Medzs. It was really good and became my favourite cake in no time! I told myself that I would learn how to make a good Red Velvet. I also tried a real Red Velvet at NYDC, made with beetroot juice but I didn't think it was nice.

It's good to have all the cooking channels on cable, I picked up a few tips to make my Red Velvets really soft and moist. I also tweaked the cream cheese frosting to make it quite irresistible. Want to try some?

I only lament that I need to buy bigger round tips, my cream cheese frosting need to be thicker and rounder.

NEW FAD or NEW FAB(ULOUS), this is my favourite cake for sure!





I only lament that I need to buy bigger round tips, 
my cream cheese frosting need to be thicker and rounder.





No comments:

Post a Comment