Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chinese New Year Whole Cakes

My good friend Beatrice's mother-in-law is actually my 1st whole cake customer. Aunty first tried my cake at her grandson's birthday party, I made the soccer ball cake for Beatrice's sons Gerald and Glendon.

Aunty was really supportive and ordered 2 whole cakes for Chinese New Year. She didn't have any special design requests, just wanted something with the CNY theme. I had grand plans..... maybe I can make fondant firecrackers, mandarin oranges, ang pows, etc.

I underestimated the time that I would need :P I had to bake, ice and decorate 2 whole cakes!

I ended up ordering chocolate koi pieces, bought gold coin chocolate pieces and making fondant mandarin oranges. 

Here's what the final products looked like:





I thought the designs looked quite festive :) What do you think?

In addition, at the same time, I made 2 dozens of CNY cupcakes for my 3rd son Ascensius and my dearest sister. Ascensius was born on the 2nd day of CNY so we usually celebrate his birthday when we go to my parents place on the 1st day.







Baking Bees Contact Information:






   

No comments:

Post a Comment