Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dora Birthday Cake for Alexa

Dora the Explorer




Stephanie wanted me to make a Dora Cake for her little girl's birthday.




Perhaps one day, I would sit down and experiment with modelling fondant figurines but it would take time and lots of practice first. Time wasn't on my side, so I asked Stephanie if she could get some small Dora figurines so I could place them on the cake.



I decided on a garden theme since Dora was always exploring and on a quest. 







Little Alexa likes colours, so I made the message in rainbow colours. They are so bright and cheery! 

To add some pretty pastel colours, I used twisty marshmallow for the border.






Keeping in mind that the cake is a for little girl, the butterflies and flowers were in pink and white.





The Dora cake is my first 10" Square cake order and I am delighted that it was successful! 
^_^


Behind the scenes, there were a lot of prep work - cutting all the flowers, butterflies and letters, as well as baking the cake. Final step was to roll out a massive piece of fondant and cover the entire cake! That was the biggest challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment