Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cornflakes Cookies - Phenomenal Success

Who Loves Cornflakes Cookies?
Everyone!


This year I decided to bake my Chinese New Year cookies. 

Well, almost all cookies, with the exception of pineapple tarts and love letters. During the festive season, my favourite cookies are the cornflakes cookies and and flower butter cookies. 

Cornflakes cookies also bring nostalgia as my mommy used to baked them when we were young. Each cookie must have a little piece of glace cherry on top as decoration. I have very fond memories of my mommy's baked goods.




I started out making 2 batches for our own consumption and also to share with family members. 


Our whole family gathered around to help make the cookies over a Sunday afternoon. It was good family bonding and we had fun! We made around 8 containers of cookies. 


The feedback for the cornflakes cookies were good! ^_^





As I had the opportunity to meet up with a group of friends for breakfast, I brought some cornflakes cookies for them to try. I was really delighted when my friends said that they were really yummy and asked if I could sell them for Chinese New Year. There wasn't much time and Chinese New Year was barely 2 weeks away. After thinking about it, I took my friends' orders for 12 containers of cornflakes cookies. Thanks to Dolly, Elnie, Susan and Lilian for your support! ^_^ It really means a lot to me! 


The 2nd session was intensive, so only Brendan and I made the cookies together. Fortunately, we had a good helper - Baby D! He insisted on helping us to crush the cornflakes, he was happily occupied for the longest time! ;)

Several weeks after Chinese New Year, I got down to yet another 2 sessions of baking cornflakes cookies! My eldest son was trying to do chores for Scouts Job Week, so I suggested that he could make mini muffins and cornflakes cookies as chores, sell the baked goods and get the donations. We need many many many trays of mini muffins and 2 containers of cornflakes cookies. 


We managed to sell the 2 containers for $40! Thanks Ying Ying & Cheryl for buying them. 


A Japanese friend commented when he read my Facebook postings on the cornflakes cookies. Similarly, his mommy used to bake cornflakes cookies when he was young! I felt that he missed it and I wanted to let him try the Singaporean version of the cookie. So I made 2 containers and shipped them off to Tokyo, with 1 container specially for my friend Kohei and the other for the rest of the team members at his workplace. Many thanks to Janet for bringing the cookies over to Tokyo, I owe you one!

To my pleasant surprise, Kohei told me that the cookies tasted like what his mommy used to make!  I was elated to hear that all the other Japanese friends in the team enjoyed the cookies too. They said that the cookies weren't too sweet and was suitable for the Japanese palate.


Cornflakes cookies transcend all boundaries, it seems!

I am much encouraged by all the positive feedback which I have received. Cornflakes cookies will be available anytime if someone wants to order. Otherwise, I will be taking orders in the first 2 weeks of January 2014 for Chinese New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment