Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Soccer Ball And More!

When I offered to make a birthday cake for my friend's 2 sons, I was actually surprised that she accepted since I am a novice who is just starting out. Her boys are 6 and 11, the younger boy is my 2nd son's best friend at Marymount Kindergarten.

Although she liked the giant cupcake cake, but surely I should make something more fun for them. She was open to any designs I had in mind and I finally settled on a soccer ball! Based on the number of guests, a birthday cake was insufficient so I added 34 cupcakes. I made fondant letters to spell out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERALD GLENDON" for the cupcakes and also made a few with pastel marshmallow flowers for girls at the party.

Sincere thanks to Beatrice for trusting me! ;)

Soccer Ball Cake, complete with blades of grass! 
Blades of grass, aren't they cute?
Side view
Soccer Ball Birthday Cake & 34 Cupcakes laid out on the dining table.
Birthday Boys Glendon (in checked shirt) and Gerald (behind in dark blue t-shirt).
My 2nd son Ignatius in the blue Buzz Lightyear t-shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment